Meet Albert R. Keating
Albert R. Keating, PhD, LCPC… was the owner/staff psychotherapist at ARK Counseling Services. He is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor and holds credentials as a Certified Domestic Violence Counselor and Clinically Certified Forensic Counselor.
- He completed his doctoral graduate work in clinical psychology through the Adler School for Professional Psychology.
- He received his Master’s Degree from Concordia University (River Forest) in Human Services and a
- B.A. from National Louis University in Human Services/Counseling Psychology.
Albert R. Keating, PhD, LCPC
Retired Behavioral Health Practice Owner
Coordinator “Healthy Mind” Program
Albert had been in the helping profession for over 30 years and was in private practice for more than 20 years. Dr. Keating has an extensive history working with Emergency Responders in many facets of mental health. Prior to returning to graduate work, he was also a suburban Police Officer and had served six years in the ARMY as a Military Policeman.
Though he is semi-retired, he continues to serve voluntarily as the Senior Chaplain for the Elgin Police Department & in the past has worked with several other police departments and has helped lead numerous Critical Incident Debriefings. He also has worked with individuals, couples, and children on a wide array of mental health topics to include crisis management, grief, depression, suicide, marital and couples relationships, and anxiety issues. He has credentials as a NEMRT Instructor and co-authored First Responder Presentations.
Albert has spoken at mental health workshops on a variety of topics including
- “The Signs and Symptoms of Chemical Abuse,”
- “The Intervention Process,” and
- “Anger Management.”
- “Living the Resilient Life Presentation”
- Dr. Keating is a member of the
- International Critical Incident Stress Foundation
- National Organization of Human Services,
- American Association for Christian Counselors,
- Illinois Mental Health Counseling Association
He has been married to his beautiful wife, Rose for 39 years, and has a wonderful family of 2 grown daughters, one grown son and four grandchildren.